MRPT alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Robotics" category.
Alternatively, view MRPT alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.1 7.3 L1 MRPT VS Robotics Library (RL)The Robotics Library (RL) is a self-contained C++ library for rigid body kinematics and dynamics, motion planning, and control.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MRPT or a related project?
The MRPT project
Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit (MRPT) provides C++ libraries aimed at researchers in mobile robotics and computer vision. Libraries include SLAM solutions, 2D and 3D spatial transformations, SE(2)/SE(3) Lie groups, probability density functions (pdfs) over points, landmarks, poses and maps, Bayesian inference (Kalman filters, particle filters), image processing, obstacle avoidance, etc. MRPT also provides GUI apps for camera calibration, dataset inspection, and much more.
- Download the latest unstable code with:
git clone https://github.com/MRPT/mrpt.git --recursive
- Ask questions at: this Google group or at stackoverflow (please, use the tag
- Main project website, including sources and Windows installer downloads
- C++ API reference
- ROS packages
- Bindings documentation (Python, Matlab)
- Source code for dozens of examples
- Example configuration files for MRPT applications can be found at: MRPT/share/mrpt/config_files
- Some sample datasets are stored in: MRPT/share/mrpt/datasets. A more complete dataset repository is available online.
- How to contribute with your code for new feaures, bug fixes, etc.
- MRPT is used in the MOLA modular SLAM framework.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joseluisblancoc/mrpt # develop branch #sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joseluisblancoc/mrpt-stable # master (stable releases) branch sudo apt install libmrpt-dev mrpt-apps
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic), Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal), or newer.
3.2. Build from sources
See build documentation ([source](doc/source/compiling.rst)).
3.3. Windows precompiled versions
.dlls) and development libraries (
3.4. As a ROS1/ROS2 package
MRPT is also shipped as a ros1 & ros2 package named
mrpt2, so it can be installed via:
sudo apt install ros-$ROS_DISTRO-mrpt2
mrpt2 status in ROS build farms:
||Stable release||Next builds|
|ROS1 Melodic @ u18.04|
|ROS1 Noetic @ u20.04|
|ROS2 Foxy @ u20.04|
|ROS2 Humble @ u22.04|
|ROS2 Rolling @ u22.04|
MRPT is released under the new BSD license.
5. Versions in repositories
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MRPT README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.