Maximilian alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Audio" category.
Alternatively, view Maximilian alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
1.1 0.0 L2 Maximilian VS algoreTasty C++ class wrappers and mixer implementation for OpenAL built on Chris Robinson's ALURE library. Comes with some crunky LinkedList and ListItem classes which you are welcome to use or change. Use with ALURE, OpenAL, libsndfile / libFLAC etc. Provides a simple and effective programmer interface to easily deal with the ALURE libraries and imp…
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Maximilian or a related project?
_____ _____ ___ __ _ _____ __ __ __ ____ ____ / \\_ \\ \/ / |/ \| | | | \_ \/ \ | Y Y \/ /_ \> <| | Y Y \ | |_| |/ /_ \ Y \ |__|_| (___ /__/\__\__|__|_| /__|____/__(___ /__| / \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
- sample playback, recording and looping
- support for WAV and OGG files.
- a selection of oscillators and filters
- multichannel mixing for 1, 2, 4 and 8 channel setups
- controller mapping functions
- effects including delay, distortion, chorus, flanging
- granular synthesis, including time and pitch stretching
- atom synthesis
- real-time music information retrieval functions: spectrum analysis, spectral features, octave analysis, Bark scale analysis, and MFCCs
- example projects for Windows and MacOS, susing command line and OpenFrameworks environments
- example projects for Firefox and Chromium-based browsers using the Web Audio API ScriptProcessorNode (deprecated!)
- example projects for Chromium-based browsers using the Web Audio API AudioWorklet (e.g. Chrome, Brave, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi)
You can choose between using RTAudio and PortAudio drivers in player.h by uncommenting the appropriate line. To use PortAudio, you will need to compile the portAudio library from http://http://www.portaudio.com/ and link it with your executable.
Examples demonstrating different features can be found in the maximilian_examples folder. To try them, replace the contents of main.cpp with the contents of a tutorial file and compile.
Mac OS XCode Project
You can run the examples using the 'maximilianTest' XCode 3 project provided.
MS Windows Visual Studio Project
This is in the maximilianTestWindowsVS2010 folder. You will need to install the DirectX SDK, so that the program can use DirectSound.
Command Line Compilation in Mac OS
g++ -Wall -D_MACOSX_CORE_ -o maximilian main.cpp RtAudio.cpp player.cpp maximilian.cpp -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation -lpthread
Command Line Compilation in Linux
g++ -Wall -D_LINUX_OSS_ -o maximilian main.cpp RtAudio.cpp player.cpp maximilian.cpp -lpthread
g++ -Wall -D_LINUX_ALSA_ -o maximilian main.cpp RtAudio.cpp player.cpp maximilian.cpp -lasound -lpthread
g++ -Wall -D_UNIX_JACK_ -o maximilian main.cpp RtAudio.cpp player.cpp maximilian.cpp
pkg-config --cflags --libs jack-lpthread
Maximilian works well with the OpenFrameworks C++ creative coding toolkit (http://www.openframeworks.cc).
In the ofxMaxim directory you will find examples to run in Windows, OSX and iOS, including FFT analysis and granular synthesis.
You can install the ofxMaxim addon by copying the ofxMaxim/ofxMaxim folder into your openframeworks addons directory.
Important: when using Maximilian on OSX, link against the Accelerate framework.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Maximilian README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.