🚀 This is a maintenance release of vcflib, mostly improving the build 👷 system, CI and generating markdown docs as well as man pages.
- ✂ Removed tabixpp and htslib source dependencies, i.e., we are now using the distro provided libraries and include files through pkg-config. See also the [README](README.md#build-from-source)
- ✂ Removed the tabixpp+htslib git submodules
- 👷 Generalise and document the cmake build system
- ➕ Added tests to the cmake build system and build instructions to README
- ➕ Added support for ARM64 and PowerPC, see #292 (thanks @genisysram and @mr-c)
- ➕ Added github actions for the issue tracker
- ➕ Added githum CI
- ⚡️ Updated header files in src with copyright/license info, see #16
- 📄 Created markdown [docs](./doc/vcflib.md) and [man pages](./man/) for all utilities. Created a script bin2md for markdown generation and use pandoc for the man page generation.
- migrate helper scripts to python3
- 👌 Improved docs
- 🛠 fix typos
- ⚡️ updated makefile
- 🏗 promote use of brew and conda over building locally
🔀 This synchronizes a number of changes that the vgteam has implemented on top of vcflib, including a new intervaltree implementation. Enjoy!
🍱 🐍 Some of the
vcf*tools were actually Python 2.x scripts, which is EOL soon.
These are now Python 3.x and use
🏗 ⚠️ Please use
git clone --recursivewhen building this package because it uses sub-modules
which are not included the source tarballs below.
v1.0.0-rc2August 15, 2018
v1.0.0-rc0June 16, 2015