yaml-cpp is a YAML parser and emitter in C++ matching the YAML 1.2 spec.
yaml-cpp alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "JSON" category.
Alternatively, view yaml-cpp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of yaml-cpp or a related project?
How to Build
yaml-cpp uses CMake to support cross-platform building. The basic steps to build are:
- Download and install CMake (Resources -> Download).
Note: If you don't use the provided installer for your platform, make sure that you add CMake's bin folder to your path.
- Navigate into the source directory, and type:
mkdir build cd build
- Run CMake. The basic syntax is:
cmake [-G generator] [-DYAML_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON|OFF] ..
generatoris whatever type of build system you'd like to use. To see a full list of generators on your platform, just run
cmake(with no arguments). For example:
- On Windows, you might use "Visual Studio 12 2013" to generate a Visual Studio 2013 solution or "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" to generate a 64-bit Visual Studio 2015 solution.
- On OS X, you might use "Xcode" to generate an Xcode project
- On a UNIX-y system, simply omit the option to generate a makefile
yaml-cpp defaults to building a static library, but you may build a shared library by specifying
For more options on customizing the build, see the CMakeLists.txt file.
To clean up, just remove the
yaml-cpp 0.6.0 has been released! This release requires C++11, and no longer depends on Boost.
yaml-cpp 0.3.0 is still available if you want the old API.
The old API will continue to be supported, and will still receive bugfixes! The 0.3.x and 0.4.x versions will be old API releases, and 0.5.x and above will all be new API releases.
The autogenerated API reference is hosted on CodeDocs
Third Party Integrations
The following projects are not officially supported: