V7 alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Scripting" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of V7 or a related project?
NOTE: this project is deprecated in favor of https://github.com/cesanta/mjs
- Cross-platform: works on anything, starting from Arduino to MS Windows
- Small size. Compiled static size is in 40k - 120k range, RAM footprint on initialization is about 800 bytes with freeze feature, 15k without freeze feature
- Usable out-of-the-box: V7 provides an auxiliary library with Hardware (SPI, UART, etc), File, Crypto, Network API
- Source code is both ISO C and ISO C++ compliant
- Very easy to integrate: simply copy two files: [v7.h](v7.h) and [v7.c](v7.c) into your project
Examples & Documentation
- Developer Centre - User Guide and API reference
- Examples - Collection of well-commented examples
- Support Forum - Ask questions on our support forum
To submit contributions, sign Cesanta CLA and send GitHub pull request. You retain the copyright on your contributions.
V7 is released under commercial and GNU GPL v.2 open source licenses.
Commercial Projects: Once your project becomes commercialised GPLv2 licensing dictates that you need to either open your source fully or purchase a commercial license. Cesanta offer full, royalty-free commercial licenses without any GPL restrictions. If your needs require a custom license, we’d be happy to work on a solution with you. Contact us for pricing.
Prototyping: While your project is still in prototyping stage and not for sale, you can use V7’s open source code without license restrictions.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the V7 README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.