MongoDB C Driver v1.15.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-08-13 // almost 3 years ago
I'm pleased to announce version 1.15.0 of libbson and libmongoc,
the libraries constituting the MongoDB C Driver.
🚀 No change since 1.14.1; released to keep pace with libmongoc's version.
🚀 It is my pleasure to announce the MongoDB C Driver 1.15.0. This release adds
👌 support for MongoDB 4.2 features.
- 👌 Support for sharded transactions on MongoDB sharded clusters 4.2+.
- Add convenient transaction runner (mongoc_client_session_with_transaction),
which accepts a callback and performs appropriate retry logic.
- ➕ Add a new transaction option to specify maximum time to wait for a commit,
- ➕ Add URI option "retryReads=true" safely and automatically retries certain
read operations if the server is a MongoDB 3.6+.
- 📊 Poll SRV records to mongos servers periodically.
- Keep connections alive after a primary stepdown detected.
- 👍 Standardizes URI options supported across all spec-compliant MongoDB drivers.
- 0️⃣ "retryWrites" URI option now defaults to true (requires crypto for session
- 🔀 Send any aggregate with $out or $merge stage to a primary.
- ➕ Add the ability to specify an aggregate pipeline as an update document.
- Add a database aggregate helper, mongoc_database_aggregate.
- ➕ Add option for change streams, "startAfter".
- 🔄 Add mongoc_change_stream_get_resume_token, which returns the resume token
which should be used to resume a change stream.
- ➕ Add support for zstd compression.
🐛 Bug fixes:
- 🔄 Correctly report an error in mongoc_change_stream_next if the resume token
(_id) is not a document. Previously, an error was only reported if the
field was missing.
- Fix mongoc_collection_update with MONGOC_UPDATE_MULTI_UPDATE,
mongoc_collection_remove, and mongoc_collection_delete when retryWrites
was enabled. They would fail previously.
- Command options are now correctly taken into account when batching bulk
writes for OP_QUERY. It was possible to exceed the maximum document size
- 🛠 Fix a crash if a multi-batch bulk write with OP_MSG errored on a batch.
🚀 Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
- Kevin Albertson
- Jeremy Mikola
- Haris Sheikh
- Samantha Ritter
- Isabel Atkinson
- Sara Golemon
- Clyde Bazile
- Roberto C. Sánchez
- Lior Kaplan