C++ Actor Framework v0.18.2 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-03-26 // over 2 years ago
- CAF includes two new inspector types for consuming and generating
- Setter functions for fields may now return either
void. Previously, CAF only allowed
- Passing a getter and setter pair to an inspector via
applyproduced a compiler error for non-builtin types. The inspection API now recursively inspects user-defined types instead, as was the original intend (#1216).
- The handle type
typed_actornow can construct from a
typed_actor_pointer. This resolves a compiler error when trying to initialize a handle for
my_handlefrom a self pointer of type
- Passing a function reference to the constructor of an actor caused a compiler
error when building with logging enabled. CAF now properly handles this edge
case and logs such constructor arguments as
- 📜 The CLI parser did not recognize metrics filters. Hence, passing
--caf.metrics-filters.actors.includes=...to a CAF application resulted in an error. The
excludesfilters are now consistently handled and accepted in config files as well as on the command line (#1238).
- 🗄 Silence a deprecated-enum-conversion warning for
- 🛠 Fix heap-use-after-free when accessing the meta objects table in applications
that leave the
mainfunction while the actor system and its worker threads are still running (#1241).
- ✅ The testing DSL now properly accounts for the message prioritization of actors
(suspending regular behavior until receiving the response) when using
- CAF includes two new inspector types for consuming and generating JSON-formatted text: