Wt alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Web Application Framework" category.
Alternatively, view Wt alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.7 0.0 Wt VS Oat++🌱Light and powerful C++ web framework for highly scalable and resource-efficient web application. It's zero-dependency and easy-portable.
8.6 9.0 Wt VS drogonDrogon: A C++14/17 based HTTP web application framework running on Linux/macOS/Unix/Windows [Moved to: https://github.com/drogonframework/drogon]
5.2 0.0 Wt VS CutelystA C++ Web Framework built on top of Qt, using the simple approach of Catalyst (Perl) framework.
3.5 0.0 Wt VS QSimpleScadaQt based simple SCADA framework, with dashboard, static and dynamic components
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Wt or a related project?
What is Wt ?
Wt is a C++ library for developing web applications. It consists of:
- libwt, a widget/rendering library
- libwthttp, an (async I/O) HTTP/WebSockets server
- libwtfcgi, a FastCGI connector library (Unix)
- libwtisapi, an ISAPI connector library (Windows)
- libwttest, a test connector environment
It also contains a C++ ORM, which can be used in a web application (obviously), but can also be used on its own:
- libwtdbo, a C++ ORM
- libwtdbopostgres, PostgreSQL backend
- libwtdbosqlite3, Sqlite3 backend
- libwtdbomysql, MySQL and MariaDB backend
- libwtdbomssqlserver, Microsoft SQL Server backend
- libwtdbofirebird, Firebird backend
For more information, see the homepage.
To build Wt from source you will need at least CMake, boost, and a C++ compiler like GCC, Clang or MSVC. See the [minimum dependency versions](doc/MinimumDependencyVersions.md) for an explanation about which versions Wt supports.
Optionally, you may want to add:
- OpenSSL for SSL and WebSockets support in the built-in httpd, the HTTP(S) client, and additional cryptographic hashes in the authentication module
- Haru PDF library which is used for painting to PDF
- GraphicsMagick which is used for painting to PNG, GIF (on Windows, Direct2D can be used instead)
- PostgreSQL for the PostgreSQL Dbo backend
- MySQL or MariaDB for the MySQL Dbo backend
- An ODBC driver for the Microsoft SQL Server Dbo backend, and unixODBC on Unix-like platforms
- Firebird for the Firebird Dbo backend
- Pango for improved font support in PDF and raster image painting. On Windows, DirectWrite can be used instead.
- ZLib for compression in the built-in httpd.
For the FastCGI connector, you also need:
- FastCGI development kit: you need the C/C++ library (libfcgi++)
Bugs can be reported here http://redmine.webtoolkit.eu/projects/wt/issues/new
Wt is available under two licenses:
- the GNU General Public License, Version 2, with OpenSSL exception. Only version 2 of the GPL applies. See the [
LICENSE](LICENSE) file for more information.
- a commercial license, which does not require you to distribute the source code of your application. Request a quotation online or contact [email protected] for more information.
doc/licenses.md](doc/licenses.md) for an exhaustive list of the licenses
used by Wt, source code from external sources included in Wt
and common (optional) external dependencies.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Wt README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.