Wt alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Web Application Framework" category.
Alternatively, view Wt alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Wt or a related project?
What is Wt ?
Wt is a C++ library for developing web applications. It consists of:
- libwt, a widget/rendering library
- libwthttp, an (async I/O) HTTP/WebSockets server
- libwtfcgi, a FastCGI connector library (Unix)
- libwtisapi, an ISAPI connector library (Windows)
- libwttest, a test connector environment
It also contains a C++ ORM, which can be used in a web application (obviously), but can also be used on its own:
- libwtdbo, a C++ ORM
- libwtdbopostgres, PostgreSQL backend
- libwtdbosqlite3, Sqlite3 backend
- libwtdbomysql, MySQL and MariaDB backend
- libwtdbomssqlserver, Microsoft SQL Server backend
- libwtdbofirebird, Firebird backend
For more information, see the homepage.
Optionally, you may want to add:
- OpenSSL for SSL and WebSockets support in the built-in httpd, the HTTP(S) client, and additional cryptographic hashes in the authentication module
- Haru PDF library which is used for painting to PDF
- GraphicsMagick which is used for painting to PNG, GIF (on Windows, Direct2D can be used instead)
- PostgreSQL for the PostgreSQL Dbo backend
- MySQL or MariaDB for the MySQL Dbo backend
- An ODBC driver for the Microsoft SQL Server Dbo backend, and unixODBC on Unix-like platforms
- Firebird for the Firebird Dbo backend
- Pango for improved font support in PDF and raster image painting. On Windows, DirectWrite can be used instead.
- ZLib for compression in the built-in httpd.
For the FastCGI connector, you also need:
- FastCGI development kit: you need the C/C++ library (libfcgi++)
Bugs can be reported here http://redmine.webtoolkit.eu/projects/wt/issues/new