Wren v0.3.0 Release Notes
🚀 0.3.0 is a fairly specific release, aimed at fixing build issues across platforms, streamlining the process for new users and making embedding easier. This is a stepping stone for working on language features and improving the VM, 📄 hacking on the docs and the VM is simpler than ever!
🏗 Builds now work out of the box on all primary platforms. 🏁 Previously there was issues on Windows and other platforms due to unix-ey workflows being the default.
⚡️ All the python scripts have also been fixed and updated (to python 3), and work consistently ✅ across all platforms out of the box too (including the tests, benchmarks, metrics etc). 🏁 Like before, there was some things that didn't hold up on Windows or Mac. Fixed!
A lot of work has been done to also clarify the distinction between the CLI project and the VM, 🚚 as well as move the CLI to its own repo! 🚚 This removes a lot of code that wasn't being used, and also been clarified the project structure.
📄 Docs have also had a clean up, and a new page to try Wren directly on the doc page was added.
- 🚚 CLI moved to own repo
- 👀 Use premake for project generation, see projects/
- 🛠 Fix builds across platforms. "Just works" on all primary platforms.
- 🛠 Fix amalgamated script generator and amalgamated build
- 🛠 Fix unicode parsing and other issues in all python scripts
- All python scripts are python3 now, and run on all platforms correctly
- ✅ Test runner isolated and unified for VM tests
- ✂ Remove SASS and Pygments requirements from docs, just python now
- ⚡️ Updated docs to clarify VM/CLI split
- ➕ Added Try page for running wren code in the docs