urho3d alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Graphics" category.
Alternatively, view urho3d alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.4 8.2 L2 urho3d VS GLFWA multi-platform library for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan, window and input
8.8 9.9 L1 urho3d VS SkiaSkia is a complete 2D graphic library for drawing Text, Geometries, and Images.
7.3 7.2 urho3d VS DirectXTKThe DirectX Tool Kit (aka DirectXTK) is a collection of helper classes for writing DirectX 11.x code in C++
7.0 8.9 L1 urho3d VS Open-Source Vulkan C++ APIOpen-Source Vulkan C++ API
4.9 4.9 urho3d VS glbindingA C++ binding for the OpenGL API, generated using the gl.xml specification.
4.5 4.1 urho3d VS PartioC++ (with python bindings) library for easily reading/writing/manipulating common animation particle formats such as PDB, BGEO, PTC. See the discussion group @ http://groups.google.com/group/partio-discuss
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of urho3d or a related project?
Urho3D is a free lightweight, cross-platform 2D and 3D game engine implemented in C++ and released under the MIT license. Greatly inspired by OGRE and Horde3D.
Main website: https://urho3d.github.io/
Licensed under the MIT license, see LICENSE for details.
- Rectangle packing by Jukka Jylänki (clb) http://clb.demon.fi/projects/rectangle-bin-packing
- Tangent generation from Terathon http://www.terathon.com/code/tangent.html
- Fast, Minimum Storage Ray/Triangle Intersection by Möller & Trumbore http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/pubs/1997/MT97.pdf
- Linear-Speed Vertex Cache Optimisation by Tom Forsyth http://home.comcast.net/~tom_forsyth/papers/fast_vert_cache_opt.html
- Software rasterization of triangles based on Chris Hecker's Perspective Texture Mapping series in the Game Developer magazine http://chrishecker.com/Miscellaneous_Technical_Articles
- Networked Physics by Glenn Fiedler http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/networked-physics/
- Euler Angle Formulas by David Eberly https://www.geometrictools.com/Documentation/EulerAngles.pdf
- Red Black Trees by Julienne Walker http://eternallyconfuzzled.com/tuts/datastructures/jsw_tut_rbtree.aspx
- Comparison of several sorting algorithms by Juha Nieminen http://warp.povusers.org/SortComparison/
Urho3D uses the following third-party libraries:
- AngelScript 2.35.1 WIP (http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript)
- Boost 1.75.0 (http://www.boost.org) - only used for AngelScript generic bindings
- Box2D 2.3.2 WIP (http://box2d.org)
- Bullet 3.06+ (http://www.bulletphysics.org)
- Civetweb 1.7 (https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb)
- FreeType 2.8 (https://www.freetype.org)
- GLEW 1.13.0 (http://glew.sourceforge.net)
- SLikeNet (https://github.com/SLikeSoft/SLikeNet)
- libcpuid 0.4.0+ (https://github.com/anrieff/libcpuid)
- Lua 5.1 (https://www.lua.org)
- LuaJIT 2.1.0+ (http://www.luajit.org)
- LZ4 1.7.5 (https://github.com/lz4/lz4)
- MojoShader (https://icculus.org/mojoshader)
- Mustache 1.0 (https://mustache.github.io, https://github.com/kainjow/Mustache)
- nanodbc 2.12.4+ (https://lexicalunit.github.io/nanodbc)
- Open Asset Import Library 4.1.0 (http://assimp.sourceforge.net)
- pugixml 1.10+ (http://pugixml.org)
- rapidjson 1.1.0 (https://github.com/miloyip/rapidjson)
- Recast/Detour (https://github.com/recastnavigation/recastnavigation)
- SDL 2.0.10+ (https://www.libsdl.org)
- SQLite 3.20.1 (https://www.sqlite.org)
- StanHull (https://codesuppository.blogspot.com/2006/03/john-ratcliffs-code-suppository-blog.html)
- stb_image 2.18 (https://nothings.org)
- stb_image_write 1.08 (https://nothings.org)
- stb_rect_pack 0.11 (https://nothings.org)
- stb_vorbis 1.13b (https://nothings.org)
- tolua++ 1.0.93 (defunct - http://www.codenix.com/~tolua)
- WebP (https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp)
- ETCPACK (https://github.com/Ericsson/ETCPACK)
- Tracy 0.7.6 (https://github.com/wolfpld/tracy)
DXT / PVRTC decompression code based on the Squish library and the Oolong Engine. Jack and mushroom models from the realXtend project. (https://www.realxtend.org) Ninja model and terrain, water, smoke, flare and status bar textures from OGRE. BlueHighway font from Larabie Fonts. Anonymous Pro font by Mark Simonson. NinjaSnowWar sounds by Veli-Pekka Tätilä. PBR textures from Substance Share. (https://share.allegorithmic.com) IBL textures from HDRLab's sIBL Archive. Dieselpunk Moto model by allexandr007. Mutant & Kachujin models from Mixamo. License / copyright information included with the assets as necessary. All other assets (including shaders) by Urho3D authors and licensed similarly as the engine itself.
Urho3D classes have been sparsely documented using Doxygen notation. To generate documentation into the "Docs" subdirectory, open the Doxyfile in the "Docs" subdirectory with doxywizard and click "Run doxygen" from the "Run" tab. Get Doxygen from http://www.doxygen.org & Graphviz from http://www.graphviz.org. See section "Documentation build" below on how to automate documentation generation as part of the build process.
The documentation is also available online at https://urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/index.html
Documentation on how to build Urho3D: https://urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_building.html Documentation on how to use Urho3D as external library https://urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_using_library.html
Replace HEAD with a specific release version in the above links to obtain the documentation pertinent to the specified release. Alternatively, use the document-switcher in the documentation website to do so.
The change history is available online at https://urho3d.github.io/documentation/HEAD/_history.html
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the urho3d README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.