Snappy v1.1.5 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-06-29 // almost 4 years ago
🚀 This release has broken SONAME / SOVERSION values. Users of snappy as a shared library should avoid 1.1.5 and use 1.1.6 instead. SONAME / SOVERSION errors will manifest as the dynamic library loader complaining that it cannot find snappy's shared library file (libsnappy.so / libsnappy.dylib), or that the library it found does not have the required version. 1.1.6 has the same code as 1.1.5, but carries build configuration fixes for the issues above.
- ➕ Add CMake build support. The autoconf build support is now deprecated, and will be removed in the next release.
- ➕ Add AppVeyor configuration, for Windows CI coverage.
- 🐎 Small performance improvement on little-endian PowerPC.
- 🐎 Small performance improvement on LLVM with position-independent executables.
- 🛠 Fix a few issues with various build environments.