RocksDB v5.2.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-08-02 // almost 5 years ago
Public API Change
- 🆕 NewLRUCache() will determine number of shard bits automatically based on capacity, if the user doesn't pass one. This also impacts the default block cache when the user doesn't explicit provide one.
- 🔄 Change the default of delayed slowdown value to 16MB/s and further increase the L0 stop condition to 36 files.
- Options::use_direct_writes and Options::use_direct_reads are now ready to use.
- (Experimental) Two-level indexing that partition the index and creates a 2nd level index on the partitions. The feature can be enabled by setting kTwoLevelIndexSearch as IndexType and configuring index_per_partition.
🆕 New Features
- ➕ Added new overloaded function GetApproximateSizes that allows to specify if memtable stats should be computed only without computing SST files' stats approximations.
- ➕ Added new function GetApproximateMemTableStats that approximates both number of records and size of memtables.
- ➕ Add Direct I/O mode for SST file I/O
🐛 Bug Fixes
- RangeSync() should work if ROCKSDB_FALLOCATE_PRESENT is not set
- 🛠 Fix wrong results in a data race case in Get()
- 🛠 Some fixes related to 2PC.
- 🛠 Fix bugs of data corruption in direct I/O