RocksDB v4.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2015-10-08 // about 6 years ago
🆕 New Features
- ➕ Added single delete operation as a more efficient way to delete keys that have not been overwritten.
- Added experimental AddFile() to DB interface that allow users to add files created by SstFileWriter into an empty Database, see include/rocksdb/sst_file_writer.h and DB::AddFile() for more info.
- ➕ Added support for opening SST files with .ldb suffix which enables opening LevelDB databases.
- 🔀 CompactionFilter now supports filtering of merge operands and merge results.
Public API Changes
- ➕ Added SingleDelete() to the DB interface.
- ➕ Added AddFile() to DB interface.
- ➕ Added SstFileWriter class.
- 🔀 CompactionFilter has a new method FilterMergeOperand() that RocksDB applies to every merge operand during compaction to decide whether to filter the operand.
- 🚚 We removed CompactionFilterV2 interfaces from include/rocksdb/compaction_filter.h. The functionality was deprecated already in version 3.13.