quill v1.6.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-12-03 // 5 months ago
- 👀 Dual queue mode offering even lower latencies on hot paths. See Dual Queue Mode.
- ➕ Added a signal handler for linux and windows. The signal handler flushes the log when the app crashes or exits. (#1)
- ➕ Added support for custom handlers. (#75)
- Quill now compiles and runs on Cygwin.
- 👷 The queue from the caller to the backend worker thread has been reworked. The new queue generates slightly better assembly than the previous one. Quill does no longer depend on mapping the same region of physical memory twice.
- Replaced an assertion check that could trigger incorrectly. (#68)
- 🛠 Fixed build on
ARM_ARCH < 6. (#78)
- Fixed compile errors when
- 🏗 The unit tests have been moved to a separate binary with their own
main(). This increased build times when building the tests, but the failures are now easier to debug on different CI platforms and the tests can also run faster in parallel.
- 🛠 Fixed minor compiler warnings on windows.
- ⬆️ Upgraded bundled libfmt to
- ⚡️ Updated readme benchmarks section for v.1.6.0
- If a custom queue capacity is defined using
1.6.0the whole library needs to be recompiled.