PcapPlusPlus v19.04 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-04-02 // about 2 years ago
🚀 April 2019 release of PcapPlusPlus (v19.04)
📦 This package contains:
- Binaries compiled with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS,14.04 LTS
- Binaries compiled with CentOS 7
- Binaries compiled with Fedora 29
- 🍎 Binaries compiled with MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra) and 10.13 (High Sierra) using Xcode ranging from 7.3 to 10.1
- 🏁 Binaries compiled with Windows using MinGW32 5.3.0 (32bit) and MinGW-w64 6.3.0 (32bit)
- 🚀 Binaries compiled with Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (32bit and 64bit, Debug and Release configurations)
- Source code
- 🐧 Source code + Linux installation scripts for DPDK, PF_RING and vanilla
- 📚 Full documentation (both PcapPlusPlus web-site and API doxygen documentation) is available here: https://pcapplusplus.github.io/v1904/
🚀 Release notes (changes from v18.08):
- 👍 DPDK support enhancements:
- Added support for the newest DPDK releases: 18.05, 18.08, 18.11, 19.02
- Added a new
DpdkBridgeexample which is a PcapPlusPlus implementation for DPDK's L2 forwarding example - Thanks @vicenterb !
- Added a new tutorial for using PcapPlusPlus with DPDK which walks through building a simple version of DpdkBridge
- 📜 Packet parsing and crafting enhancements:
- Added RADIUS layer
- Revamped DNS record API and added support for DNS MX records
- Revamped remove layer from packet - removing a layer is more intuitive now + added an option to detach a layer from a packet
- Revamped TLV data handling - simplified the way IPv4 options, TCP options, DHCP options, RADIUS attributes and IPv6 extensions with options are handled. API is now more intuitive and shares a common infrastructure
- Fixed bugs in fetching VLAN properties in
VlanLayer- thanks @Lapshin !
- ➕ Added support for raw sockets on Linux and Windows (
- ➕ Added support for link-types other than Ethernet in
PcapLiveDevice- thanks @axasoft !
- 🔦 Exposed start and end times in TCP reassembly - thanks @Lnk2past !
- Added pcapng support
- When splitting by connection, multiple flows with the same 5-tuple are now separated to different files
- ➕ Added filtering capabilities to
PcapNgFileWriterDevice- thanks @vrobles-gee !
- ➕ Added more accurate time measurement for packet capture in blocking mode
- ➕ Added
PcapLiveDeviceto provide an interface to set WinPcap/libpcap packet buffer size and buffer timeout
- ♻️ Refactored the devices class hierarchy (the new root class is now
- 👷 Build system improvements to provide better support for package managers - thanks @solvingj !
- 🛠 Lots of bugfixes