OpenSSL v0.9.8.a Release NotesRelease Date: 2006-05-04 // about 16 years ago
- When applying a cipher rule check to see if string match is an explicit cipher suite and only match that one cipher suite if it is.
- Link in manifests for VC++ if needed.
Austin Ziegler [email protected]
- Update support for ECC-based TLS ciphersuites according to draft-ietf-tls-ecc-12.txt with proposed changes (but without TLS extensions, which are supported starting with the 0.9.9 branch, not in the OpenSSL 0.9.8 branch).
- New functions EVP_CIPHER_CTX_new() and EVP_CIPHER_CTX_free() to support opaque EVP_CIPHER_CTX handling.
- Fixes and enhancements to zlib compression code. We now only use
"zlib1.dll" and use the default
__cdeclcalling convention on Win32 to conform with the standards mentioned here: http://www.zlib.net/DLL_FAQ.txt Static zlib linking now works on Windows and the new --with-zlib-include --with-zlib-lib options to Configure can be used to supply the location of the headers and library. Gracefully handle case where zlib library can't be loaded.
- Several fixes and enhancements to the OID generation code. The old code sometimes allowed invalid OIDs (1.X for X >= 40 for example), couldn't handle numbers larger than ULONG_MAX, truncated printing and had a non standard OBJ_obj2txt() behaviour.
- Add support for building of engines under engine/ as shared libraries under VC++ build system.
- Corrected the numerous bugs in the Win32 path splitter in DSO. Hopefully, we will not see any false combination of paths any more.