Newton Dynamics alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Physics" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Newton Dynamics or a related project?
Newton dynamics is a realistic, cross-platform physics simulation library. It can easily be integrated into games and game engines and provides top of its class performance and simulation stability. Ongoing development and a permissive license makes Newton Dynamics a top choice for all kinds of projects from scientific projects to game engines.
- Links to demos, tutorial, FAQ, etc: https://github.com/MADEAPPS/newton-dynamics/wiki
- Main project page: http://newtondynamics.com
- Forums and public discussion: http://newtondynamics.com/forum/index.php
Windows and OSX
Project files for Visual Studio and XCode are provided, mainly
- Newton Core and packages: [sdk/projects/](sdk/projects/)
- demo sandbox: [applications/demosSandbox/projects/](applications/demosSandbox/projects/)
There are Unix makefiles in the project folders mentioned above, but it is highly recommended to use CMake instead.
Newton Core does not have any third party dependencies.
To build the demo sandbox the following packages need to be installed:
All of these should be available on any major Linux distribution (with associated
Alternatively they can be found in the folder [sdk/thirdParty/](sdk/thirdParty/) and built from source.
Newton Dynamics is licensed under the zlib open source license, with little if any practical difference between them.
LICENSE for the full content of the licenses.
Newton Dynamics is a project of Julio Jerez and Alain Suero. See
AUTHORS for a full list of contributors.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Newton Dynamics README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.