MXNet is a deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
It allows you to mix the flavours of symbolic
programming and imperative programming to maximize efficiency and productivity.
In its core, a dynamic dependency scheduler that automatically parallelizes both symbolic and imperative operations on the fly.
A graph optimization layer on top of that makes symbolic execution fast and memory efficient.
The library is portable and lightweight, and it scales to multiple GPUs and multiple machines.
MXNet is also more than a deep learning project. It is also a collection of blue prints and guidelines for building deep learning system, and interesting insights of DL systems for hackers.
mxnet alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Machine Learning" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of mxnet or a related project?
<!--- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one --> <!--- or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file --> <!--- distributed with this work for additional information --> <!--- regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file --> <!--- to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the --> <!--- "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance --> <!--- with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at -->
<!--- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, --> <!--- software distributed under the License is distributed on an --> <!--- "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY --> <!--- KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the --> <!--- specific language governing permissions and limitations --> <!--- under the License. -->
Apache MXNet (incubating) for Deep Learning
Apache MXNet (incubating) is a deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility. It allows you to mix symbolic and imperative programming to maximize efficiency and productivity. At its core, MXNet contains a dynamic dependency scheduler that automatically parallelizes both symbolic and imperative operations on the fly. A graph optimization layer on top of that makes symbolic execution fast and memory efficient. MXNet is portable and lightweight, scaling effectively to multiple GPUs and multiple machines.
MXNet is more than a deep learning project. It is a collection of blue prints and guidelines for building deep learning systems, and interesting insights of DL systems for hackers.
- Please use discuss.mxnet.io for asking questions.
- Please use mxnet/issues for reporting bugs.
- Frequent Asked Questions
How to Contribute
- Version 1.5.1 Release - MXNet 1.5.1 Patch Release.
- Version 1.5.0 Release - MXNet 1.5.0 Release.
- Version 1.4.1 Release - MXNet 1.4.1 Patch Release.
- Version 1.4.0 Release - MXNet 1.4.0 Release.
- Version 1.3.1 Release - MXNet 1.3.1 Patch Release.
- Version 1.3.0 Release - MXNet 1.3.0 Release.
- Version 1.2.0 Release - MXNet 1.2.0 Release.
- Version 1.1.0 Release - MXNet 1.1.0 Release.
- Version 1.0.0 Release - MXNet 1.0.0 Release.
- Version 0.12.1 Release - MXNet 0.12.1 Patch Release.
- Version 0.12.0 Release - MXNet 0.12.0 Release.
- Version 0.11.0 Release - MXNet 0.11.0 Release.
- Apache Incubator - We are now an Apache Incubator project.
- Version 0.10.0 Release - MXNet 0.10.0 Release.
- [Version 0.9.3 Release](./docs/architecture/release_note_0_9.md) - First 0.9 official release.
- [Version 0.9.1 Release (NNVM refactor)](./docs/architecture/release_note_0_9.md) - NNVM branch is merged into master now. An official release will be made soon.
- Version 0.8.0 Release
- [Updated Image Classification with new Pre-trained Models](./example/image-classification)
- Notebooks How to Use MXNet
- [MKLDNN for Faster CPU Performance](docs/python_docs/python/tutorials/performance/backend/mkldnn/mkldnn_readme.md)
- MXNet Memory Monger, Training Deeper Nets with Sublinear Memory Cost
- Tutorial for NVidia GTC 2016
- Guide to Creating New Operators (Layers)
- Go binding for inference
- Amalgamation and Go Binding for Predictors - Outdated
- Large Scale Image Classification
- Design notes providing useful insights that can re-used by other DL projects
- Flexible configuration for arbitrary computation graph
- Mix and match imperative and symbolic programming to maximize flexibility and efficiency
- Lightweight, memory efficient and portable to smart devices
- Scales up to multi GPUs and distributed setting with auto parallelism
- Cloud-friendly and directly compatible with AWS S3, AWS Deep Learning AMI, AWS SageMaker, HDFS, and Azure
Licensed under an Apache-2.0 license.
Tianqi Chen, Mu Li, Yutian Li, Min Lin, Naiyan Wang, Minjie Wang, Tianjun Xiao, Bing Xu, Chiyuan Zhang, and Zheng Zhang. MXNet: A Flexible and Efficient Machine Learning Library for Heterogeneous Distributed Systems. In Neural Information Processing Systems, Workshop on Machine Learning Systems, 2015
MXNet emerged from a collaboration by the authors of cxxnet, minerva, and purine2. The project reflects what we have learned from the past projects. MXNet combines aspects of each of these projects to achieve flexibility, speed, and memory efficiency.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the mxnet README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.