- 👍 Client support for TLS PSK
- 🛠 Multipart handling fixes
- 🚧 LWIP driver fixes
- 🚧 UDP crashes on LWIP fixes
- Removed mg_enable_multithreading. Added example for multithreaded usage, https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose/tree/dev/examples/multithreaded
🆕 New platforms supported
👍 A bunch of new platforms are now supported by Mongoose:
- 🏁 Windows CE 6.0 : See example;
- TI Tiva TM4C129 : See example;
- PIC32 Harmony TCP/IP : In addition to "bare metal", Mongoose is now able to use PIC32 Harmony TCP/IP Stack. Checkout example here;
- nRF 51/52 : Find example for nRF 51 here and for nRF52 here;
- mbed : Mongoose is now can be a part of a project based on mbed. Checkout example here;
- ESP32 : Mongoose 6.7 can be compiled for ESP32 platform.
Other new features
- NXP Kinetis K64 support improved: New example is here;
- mbedTLS native support: In addition to OpenSSL, Mongoose 6.7 can use mbedTLS;
- SNTP client added : Mongoose 6.7 for working with Internet time servers.
🛠 A lot of improvements and bugfixes
👀 See a list of closed issues here.
👍 STM32 support added
🏗 Mongoose 6.6 can be built and run on STM32 microcontrollers. Check out the new example here for an MQTT Client for STM32. The example runs through how to build an MQTT client for STM32 with TI CC3100 WIFI as network module.
👍 PIC32 support added
👍 We’ve also added PIC32 support to Mongoose. And just as for STM32, we have a new example here for you to follow here. It runs through how an MQTT Client is intended for running on PIC32 (MX series with TI CC3100 as a network module).
👍 TI CC3200 support improved
⚡️ We have improved the already support TI CC3200. Here, the TI Compiler on docker image was updated to version 5.8.2.
🆕 New API introductions
We want to make Mongoose as simple as possible to use. Check out the new API we’ve added in 6.6:
mg_http_send_redirect- sends a redirect response
mg_http_serve_file- serves a specific file with a given MIME type and optional extra headers.
MG_F_ENABLE_BROADCAST- new flag, allows to send broadcast messages
MG_EV_SSI_CALL_CTX- new event, the variant of MG_EV_SSI_CALL with context of the SSI call being processed in addition to the tag argument.
🆕 New Examples
We mentioned the STM32 an PIC32 examples already, but they are not all! Check out these additional examples to help you get started with your embedded project:
- 🏗 DLL/SO building example
- 🌐 Simple SSL Web Server: shows how to build a http server with SSL support
- A cookie auth and session management example
- Multicast server demo
🚀 We always improve bugs along the way between releases. If you come across anything, let us know in our forum.
- 🏁 Use gethostbyname to resolve
hocalhostif resolving via /etc/hosts failed. (especially useful for Windows users)
- 🛠 Fixed a lot of errors and warning in MSVC compilation
- 🛠 Fixed bug in multithreaded mode support:
- Copy flags for accepted connection
- Use user timeout in multithreading polling
- 🛠 Smaller bug fixes
📚 We want you to be able to find all the answers you need in our documentation. That’s why we try to improve it as best we can. So you’ll see that we have more clear and structured documentation available as well as explanations for each example added directly in our documentation section.
🏁 Windows and Mac binaries are available for download from the website.
Mongoose is available under GPLv2. Commercial use requires a license, please contact us for terms.
👍 Community support can be found on our forum. Commercial support options are available separately by contacting us.