Minizip alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Compression" category.
Alternatively, view Minizip-ng alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
zstd9.6 9.8 L2 Minizip VS zstdZstandard - Fast real-time compression algorithm
brotli9.3 4.4 L2 Minizip VS brotliBrotli compression format
LZ49.0 9.1 L2 Minizip VS LZ4Extremely Fast Compression algorithm
ZLib8.7 0.0 L2 Minizip VS ZLibA massively spiffy yet delicately unobtrusive compression library.
Snappy8.5 3.2 L2 Minizip VS SnappyA fast compressor/decompressor
LZFSE6.5 0.0 L2 Minizip VS LZFSELZFSE compression library and command line tool
FiniteStateEntropy5.8 0.0 L2 Minizip VS FiniteStateEntropyNew generation entropy codecs : Finite State Entropy and Huff0
zlib-ng5.8 9.6 L3 Minizip VS zlib-ngzlib replacement with optimizations for "next generation" systems.
smaz5.5 0.0 L4 Minizip VS smazSmall strings compression library
LZHAM4.7 0.0 L1 Minizip VS LZHAMLossless data compression codec with LZMA-like ratios but 1.5x-8x faster decompression speed, C/C++
tiny_jpeg.h3.4 1.7 L1 Minizip VS tiny_jpeg.hSingle header lib for JPEG encoding. Public domain. C99. stb style.
PhysicsFS2.4 0.0 L5 Minizip VS PhysicsFSPhysFS++ is a C++ wrapper for the PhysicsFS library.
miniz2.3 Minizip VS minizSingle C source file Deflate/Inflate compression library with zlib-compatible API, ZIP archive reading/writing, PNG writing. [Unlicense]
KArchive2.0 1.7 L1 Minizip VS KArchiveQt 5 addon providing access to numerous types of archives
LZMA1.9 0.0 L1 Minizip VS LZMA(Unofficial) Git mirror of LZMA SDK releases
doboz1.4 - Minizip VS dobozCompression library with very fast decompression. [zlib]
LZMAT1.4 0.0 L2 Minizip VS LZMATgit mirror of LZMAT (http://www.matcode.com/lzmat.htm)
ZZIPlibProvides read access on ZIP-archives. [MPL/LGPL]
bzip2A freely available, patent free, high-quality data compressor. [BSD]
Write Clean C++ Code. Always.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Minizip or a related project?
minizip-ng is a zip manipulation library written in C that is supported on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Developed and maintained by Nathan Moinvaziri.
|master||Most recent release.|
|develop||Latest development code.|
|1.2||Old changes to original minizip that includes WinZip AES encryption, disk splitting, I/O buffering and some additional fixes. Not ABI compatible with original minizip.|
|1.1||Original minizip as of zlib 1.2.11.|
Minizip was originally developed by Gilles Vollant in 1998. It was first included in the zlib distribution as an additional code contribution starting in zlib 1.1.2. Since that time, it has been continually improved upon and contributed to by many people. The original project can still be found in the zlib distribution that is maintained by Mark Adler.
The motivation behind this repository has been the need for new features and bug fixes to the original library which had not been maintained for a long period of time. The code has been largely refactored and rewritten in order to help improve maintainability and readability. A compatibility layer has been provided for consumers of the original minizip library.
- Creating and extracting zip archives.
- Adding and removing entries from zip archives.
- Read and write raw zip entry data.
- Reading and writing zip archives from memory.
- Support for large files with ZIP64 extension.
- Zlib, BZIP2, LZMA, XZ, and ZSTD compression methods.
- Password protection through Traditional PKWARE and WinZIP AES encryption.
- Buffered streaming for improved I/O performance.
- NTFS timestamp support for UTC last modified, last accessed, and creation dates.
- Disk split support for splitting zip archives into multiple files.
- Preservation of file attributes across file systems.
- Follow and store symbolic links.
- Unicode filename support through UTF-8 encoding.
- Legacy character encoding support CP437, CP932, CP936, CP950.
- Turn off compilation of compression, decompression, or encryption.
- Windows (Win32 & WinRT), macOS and Linux platform support.
- Streaming interface for easy implementation of additional platforms.
- Support for Apple's compression library ZLIB and XZ implementations.
- Zero out local file header information.
- Zip/unzip of central directory to reduce size.
- Ability to generate and verify CMS signature for each entry.
- Recover the central directory if it is corrupt or missing.
- Example minizip and minigzip command line tools.
To generate project files for your platform:
- Download and install cmake (version 3.11 or later recommended).
- Run cmake in the minizip directory.
cmake . -DMZ_BUILD_TESTS=ON cmake --build .
|MZ_COMPAT||Enables compatibility layer||ON|
|MZ_ZLIB||Enables ZLIB compression||ON|
|MZ_BZIP2||Enables BZIP2 compression||ON|
|MZ_LZMA||Enables LZMA & XZ compression||ON|
|MZ_ZSTD||Enables ZSTD compression||ON|
|MZ_LIBCOMP||Enables Apple compression||APPLE|
|MZ_FETCH_LIBS||Enables fetching third-party libraries if not found||WIN32|
|MZ_FORCE_FETCH_LIBS||Enables fetching third-party libraries always||OFF|
|MZ_PKCRYPT||Enables PKWARE traditional encryption||ON|
|MZ_WZAES||Enables WinZIP AES encryption||ON|
|MZ_OPENSSL||Enables OpenSSL encryption||UNIX|
|MZ_LIBBSD||Builds with libbsd crypto random||UNIX|
|MZ_SIGNING||Enables zip signing support||ON|
|MZ_ICONV||Enables iconv encoding conversion||ON|
|MZ_COMPRESS_ONLY||Only support compression||OFF|
|MZ_DECOMPRESS_ONLY||Only support decompression||OFF|
|MZ_FILE32_API||Builds using posix 32-bit file api||OFF|
|MZ_BUILD_TESTS||Builds minizip test executable||OFF|
|MZ_BUILD_UNIT_TESTS||Builds minizip unit test project||OFF|
|MZ_BUILD_FUZZ_TESTS||Builds minizip fuzz executables||OFF|
|MZ_CODE_COVERAGE||Build with code coverage flags||OFF|
|MZ_PROJECT_SUFFIX||Project name suffix for packaging|
Third-party libraries may be required based on the CMake options selected. If the system already has the library
installed then it will be used, otherwise CMake will retrieve the source code for the library from its official git repository and compile it in when the
MZ_FETCH_LIBS option is enabled.
||Written by Julian Seward.|
||Written by Igor Pavlov and Lasse Collin.|
||Written by Mark Adler and Jean-loup Gailly. Or alternatively, zlib-ng by Hans Kristian Rosbach.|
||Written by Facebook.|
This project uses the zlib [license](LICENSE).
Thanks go out to all the people who have taken the time to contribute code reviews, testing and/or patches. This project would not have been as good without you.
Thanks to Gilles Vollant on which this work is originally based on.
The ZIP format was defined by Phil Katz of PKWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Minizip README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.