libsodium v1.0.18 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-05-30 // almost 2 years ago
- 👍 Enterprise versions of Visual Studio are now supported.
- 👍 Visual Studio 2019 is now supported.
- 32-bit binaries for Visual Studio 2010 are now provided.
- 🐧 A test designed to trigger an OOM condition didn't work on Linux systems with memory overcommit turned on. It has been removed in order to fix Ansible builds.
- 🖨 Emscripten:
printErrfunctions are overridden to send
errors to the console, if there is one.
UTF8ToString()is now exported since
🗄 has been deprecated.
- 🛠 Libsodium version detection has been fixed in the CMake recipe.
- Generic hashing got a 10% speedup on AVX2.
- 🆕 New target: WebAssembly/WASI (compile with
- 🆕 New functions to map a hash to an edwards25519 point or get a random point:
crypto_core_ed25519_scalar_mul()has been implemented for
scalar*scalar (mod L)multiplication.
- 👌 Support for the Ristretto group has been implemented for interoperability with wasm-crypto.
- 👌 Improvements have been made to the test suite.
- Portability improvements have been made.
getentropy()is now used on systems providing this system call.
randombytes_salsa20has been renamed to
- 👌 Support for NativeClient has been removed.
((nonnull))attributes have been relaxed to allow 0-length inputs
-ftree-slp-vectorizecompiler switches are
⚡️ now used, if available, for optimized builds.
Previous changes from v1.0.17
- 🐛 Bug fix:
sodium_pad()didn't properly support block sizes >= 256 bytes.
- JS/WebAssembly: compatibility with newer Emscripten versions.
- Bug fix:
didn't returnEINVAL` on input strings with a short length, unlike their high-level counterpart.
- ➕ Added a workaround for Visual Studio 2010 bug causing CPU features not to be detected.
- Portability improvements.
- ✅ Test vectors from Project Wycheproof have been added.
- 🆕 New low-level APIs for arithmetic mod the order of the prime order group:
- New low-level APIs for scalar multiplication without clamping:
crypto_scalarmult_ed25519_noclamp(). These new APIs are especially useful for blinding.
sodium_sub()has been implemented.
- 👌 Support for WatchOS has been added.
getrandom(2)is now used on FreeBSD 12+.
nonnullattribute has been added to all relevant prototypes.
- More reliable AVX512 detection.
- 🐛 Bug fix: