Ion alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Graphics" category.
Alternatively, view Ion alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.5 0.0 L2 Ion VS GLFWA multi-platform library for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan, window and input
9.0 0.0 L1 Ion VS SkiaSkia is a complete 2D graphic library for drawing Text, Geometries, and Images.
7.4 0.0 Ion VS DirectXTKThe DirectX Tool Kit (aka DirectXTK) is a collection of helper classes for writing DirectX 11.x code in C++
4.9 0.0 Ion VS glbindingA C++ binding for the OpenGL API, generated using the gl.xml specification.
4.4 0.0 Ion VS PartioC++ (with python bindings) library for easily reading/writing/manipulating common animation particle formats such as PDB, BGEO, PTC. https://wdas.github.io/partio
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Ion or a related project?
Ion is a portable suite of libraries and tools for building client applications, especially graphical ones. It is small, fast, robust, and is cross-platform across many platforms and devices, including desktops, mobile devices, browsers, and other embedded platforms.
For more details and a fair amount of documentation see https://google.github.io/ion.
Why Use Ion?
- Small: < 500k binary size on mobile platforms, often much smaller
- Powerful: Tools for faster productivity when developing applications
- Robust, portable application infrastructure aids in:
- Object lifetime management
- Memory allocation
- Application start-up and static instances
- Run-time setting editing
- Automatic performance instrumentation
- Tools for graphics:
- Analyze graphics scenes to find performance bottleneck
- Trace all OpenGL calls and examine their arguments
- Use scene resources in multiple contexts, automatically
- Run-time graphics state introspection
- Run-time shader editing: change your shaders and immediately see the results
- Fast graphics: Minimal overhead between your application and OpenGL / ES
- Tested: Well-tested and facilitates testing your application
- ~100% test coverage
- Black- and white-box tested, unit tests and integration tests
- Mock implementation of OpenGL API allows direct renderer unit tests and validation
- Integrated Remote: extensible API allows changing arbitrary application settings on-the-fly for faster development, testing, and debugging
- Desktop: Linux, Mac OSX, Windows (OpenGL)
- Handheld: Android (ARM, x86 MIPS), iOS (ARM and x86), and their 64-bit variants
- Browser: Emscripten/asm.js, NaCl / pNaCl
- Used by many teams across Google, running on billions of devices through multiple Google products
NOTE: This is not an official Google product.