HELICS v3.0.0-alpha.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-09-25 // 7 months ago
🚀 HELICS 3.0 is a major update to HELICS. The major features that have been added are the command interface and targeted Endpoints. Internally major changes include updating the minimum compiler to C++17, and updates to internal libraries. The binary serialization protocol was shifted from Cereal to a custom format that embeds the data type so is more suitable to HELICS data types. The initial release is an alpha release for some initial testing. The full change log will be filled out as the release progresses from alpha to beta to final release. The migrating 2 to 3 page includes some specific details on migrating from HELICS 2 to 3.
🔄 Changes expected for alpha.2
- 🏗 travis-ci builds operational
- ✅ more test cases for targetedEndpoints
- 🏗 octave build working
- 🏗 docker image build working
🚀 This is an early alpha release it includes all the major new features and nearly complete API changes(baring bug reports) please use for testing and report any issues.
- 🚚 Data serialization moved to a custom protocol specific to HELICS.
- 🏗 Minimum build requirements to C++17
- Many of the API functions now use
const std::string &
- Command interface
- Targeted Endpoints
- Message structure from C API
- 🗄 Deprecated functions from HELICS 2