Cppcheck v1.85 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-10-14 // over 2 years ago
- 👍 We are modernizing the Cppcheck code. Support for MSVC 2010 and GCC 4.4 is dropped. You now need a compiler that is at least as good as MSVC 2013 or GCC 4.6.
- According to "[email protected]" (http://cppcheck.osuosl.org:8000)
- There are fewer crashes.
- Cppcheck-1.85 is ~25% slower than Cppcheck-1.84
- 🆕 New check: Suggest STL algorithms instead of hard-coded for loops
- 🆕 New check: Warn about ineffective algorithms (same iterator passed)
- 🆕 New check: Mismatching iterators used together in operators
- Container (STL/Qt/WxWidgets/etc) access out of bounds
- 👌 Improved the checkers that warns about same/opposite expressions, track variable values better.
- logical conjunctions
- identical/opposite inner expressions
- same expressions around operator
- Variable scope: warn about references also
Graphical user interface:
- You can specify undefines in the project file dialog
- 🛠 Fixed configuration of suppressions
- 🏁 Windows: Fixed issue of wrong/no theme being applied to UI elements
- 👌 support per file excludes from cppcheck
- 👌 support per file suppressions from cppcheck
- summary will now summarize results for all files again
- 🛠 a few false positives were fixed