abseil-cpp v20200923.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-10-09 // 6 months ago
Abseil LTS 20200923, Patch 1
absl::StatusOr<T>has been released. See our blog
post for more information.
- 🚀 Abseil Flags reflection interfaces have been released.
- ⚡️ Abseil Flags memory usage has been significantly optimized.
- 🏗 Abseil now supports a "hardened" build mode. This build mode enables
⚙ runtime checks that guard against programming errors that may lead
🔒 to security vulnerabilities.
🛠 Notable Fixes:
- Sanitizer dynamic annotations like
also defined by the compiler sanitizer implementation are no longer
also defined by Abseil.
- 🛠 Sanitizer macros are now prefixed with
ABSL_to avoid naming collisions.
- Sanitizer usage is now automatically detected and no longer requires
💻 macros like
ADDRESS_SANITIZERto be defined on the command line.
💥 Breaking Changes:
- Abseil no longer contains a
👷 using a supported build system (Bazel or CMake) are unaffected by
this, but users manually specifying link libraries may get an error
about a missing linker input.